It is ten days before my surgery…and I am pondering why God has put this gift and growing opportunity in front of me…I have done just about everything possible to avoid this surgery, and yet the path ahead still seems that it has to be surgery.
When the surgeon told me they have to remove an entire quarter of my jaw including five teeth starting with the front left one all the way back…and remove the jaw bone and then replace the void with a metal which is molded exactly after my jaw…I nearly passed out. Then I immediately remembered that God always sends you challenges because they will become learnings and gifts for other people to learn from…I immediately remembered all the other wonderful things I have to be thankful for.
This is a very rare tumor which is considered benign and not cancerous. However, there is no treatment which could reduce it or remove it rather than a very invasive surgery. Chemotherapy doesn’t work, radiation doesn’t work, and all the conventional doctors directed me to this invasive three-surgery process. Then I went to the holistic doctor network, saw some of the best holistic doctors in the world, including one who was partners with Tony Robbins. However the issue is that most holistic doctors that have helped many of my friends get rid of cancer, could not help me either because the tumor is not made up of toxicity (which is what cancer is), instead it is an organ tumor which was born out of wisdom tooth cells that were supposed to grow into wisdom teeth but never did. So it’s not made up of outside factors that came into my body, instead it was made with my own cells and created a type of an organ growth, which the conventional and holistic treatments can not get rid of. Believe me, when we say we tried everything and talked to everyone who’s anyone in the healing and conventional and alternative treatment world, we did. Every call made to us, every recommendation, every Doctor has been a part of our journey.
The tumor is fairly aggressive and grew in 18 months, since we have been able to track it. My previous dentist missed seeing it in the xrays and we could have avoided a lot of this had she detected it 18 months ago. Good news is that we were able to contain the tumor in the last three months, possibly even shrink it 1 to 2 mm (we have three different reports from doctors: one says it stayed the same, another says the xray sometimes shows different angle, the other says it shrank by 1 mm). Unfortunately, not enough to continue the holistic treatment.
We thought about just trying to contain the tumor the way we have the last 3 months. Even a world-famous Doctor that people travel from all over the world to see told us that we could probably contain but not reduce the tumor. But the treatment and follow up is not sustainable. I haven’t worked in three months, have been on a strict strict dietary guideline, all alkaline, veggies, etc, my Ph balance has been over 8.0 (cancer can not grow in an alkaline environment), and yet — the tumor did not shrink or if it did it was a very small amount (in every other case it would have shrunk.)
Maybe part of my journey is to go through the surgery…use the holistic methods I have learned to heal quicker, and help all those people who are going through something similar and don’t have the tools I have been blessed with, such as personal growth, a positive mindset, the right attitude, which I’m sure it can speed up the healing time in half.
I have been on calls to my health insurance and different parts of the equation all day today. I’ve talked to about 16 different people trying to get this thing approved, running into all types of issues such as network, non network, deductibles, traveling out of town for surgery, moving places in Texas and much much more. I’m embracing this controlled chaos. It’s all for a reson, and I’m sure in six months I’ll be blogging about it.
So here is the details of my surgery for those of you who have a strong stomach.
January 31st: To in at 9 am, expect a 4-8 hour surgery. It’s a one or two day stay in hospital. They will remove a quarter of my jaw including the jaw bone and five teeth, starting with the center one in my bottom jaw, going backwards five teeth to the left. This tumor is very aggressive so if a cell is left behind, it would come back, and I’m on chats and forums for ameloblastoma and there are people on their fifth re-ocurrence. The reason why I picked my surgeon in Utah is because in his 20 plus years of practice, because of the way he does the surgery he has never had a reocurrence. After doing what they call a jaw resection (by the way this surgery will probably cost around $30,000 bulk park for the first one, two more after this), they will place a nice metal rod which has been created from a perfect model of my jaw
The pink horizontal line you see is my actual nerve which we are going to try to save yipee! I may lose 30% feeling but hopefully we can save the nerve so no feeling is lost. The reason there is a possibility is because the nerve ends where the tumor starts and there are possibly some aggressive cells around it that may need to be removed. In the conventional ways, isn’t it weird that chemo or radiation can’t kill this type of tumor? Likewise, alkalinity and healthy nutrition (I’m on day 85 of no flour, no sugar, no this, no that) did not reduce the tumor size and inflamation because it’s not toxic.
So what is the lesson and the gift God is giving me through this? So many already. Here are a couple I can think of:
1. Given me a journey to share with people to empower others who are in pain or don’t think they have hope.
2. Helped me discover that I had mercury in my body (through this process my holistic doctor discovered this and I am mercury free now) – Big note: Dave and I have been talking about possibly bringing a baby into this world – if God wants to give us that gift. Not sure if you know, but they have found that vaccinations have mercury and there is now proof that autism is linked to mercury. Fillings have mercury too and fillings can leak and poison the body. Both Dave and I had a lot of mercury because our dentist did not remove it correctly (see my blog on mercury.)
3. Blessing # 3 – So…my doctor said I might be able to speak probably in about 3-4 weeks after the surgery (boo hoooooo) if you guys know me, I love to talk lol. But the gift in that is that I will become a social media queen and cultivate my crafts in other areas of my life such as blogging and my new book which will be out soon, Power of Attraction.
I will be missing a quarter of my jaw for some time. But I will have gained this: strength, love, vitality, and also a new chapter for my life, one of inspiration, one of hope.
PART 2: The second surgery should happen 4-6 months after the healing has moved forward, and this one is called the bone grafting. Since I have this beautiful new metal in my mouth (I always wanted bling, but not really this one lol), it will hold me together until we can reinsert some bone into the jaw bone. All perfectly aligned with my jaw bone structure, based on my own model made out of a the cat scan I did three months ago. So the second surgery will include two separate surgeries in one day:
1. Go into my hipbone (we will draw out my bikini first lol so it’s in a hidden spot cause i plan to be in the best shape of my life after this!) and remove bone from the front or the back of my hip based on how much bone we need. Note, some doctors remove some of the bone from the lower part of the leg, some doctors do cadaver bone implants. I don’t think so! My hip has plenty of bone from my Latina curves so I have enough to share :-). Now we are seeing if we can try a new type of stem cell implant where they would just remove part of my bone marrow from the hip and implant it into my jaw. Heard a little bottle is $8,000 (thank goodness I have an amazing business with residual income that pays me whether I go to work or not and will pay for the bulk of my surgery.) If we are able to do this, then the 2nd part of the surgery we can implant my bone marrow into my jaw and let the bone regrow! If not, my hip bone will be somehow grafted into my jaw and I don’t understand what will happen afterwards cause it’s a lot to take (but my hipbone will regrow so don’t worry my party people I will still have my hips to dance :-).
Finally, after it all heals fine and dandy and I’m able to walk, eat, dance and do whatever else, three or four months later we are going to implant titanium implants for the teeth in that area of the jaw.
It has taken me almost four months to accept, embrace and decide surgery is an option. I talked to the big conventional doctors, and also many underground doctors who create miracles in people with outside treatments. I was blown away that a very famous holistic clinic in Mexico who has an entire biological holistic dentistry dept. that was recommended by a wonderful couple friends of mine who have helped many heal from cancer and heart-disease, etc, they told me that ameloblastomas can not be removed holistically, that they just have to be removed surgically, and then I could use the holistic treatment to prepare for and also heal faster after the surgery.
I had a dream the other day that God wanted me to follow this path for a very important reason. The reason was not given to me yet…although I have some thoughts about it. I’m embracing the process, can’t wait to blog about it…and share with others this amazing journey God has put in my path.
10 days go by fast…and tick-tock……the year will go by even faster. Can’t wait til we celebrate the end of my three surgeries – I may want to have a shake-down for a birthday party and dance to Shakira all night long!
- Mercury Removal Dentist: Beware! (healing-blog.com)
- Watch the movie “A Beautiful Truth” for healing the holistic way and much more!
- Get the book by Kevin Trudeau “Cures they don’t want you to know about”